Let’s face it. We are all incredibly busy and just don’t have time to go to the gym every day. So let’s start today going on a daily walk. Below are some of the many benefits of a daily walk:
- You will burn calories
- Walking increases your cardiovascular and pulmonary (heart and lung) fitness
- You will reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke
- Walking also can help lower your blood sugar
- Reduces and eases joint pain
- Here is a biggie…you actually can see and enjoy nature at its best because you are now up close and personal to beautiful flowers, maybe a few little critters and possibly see other people enjoying the great outdoors
- Improve your mood…yes, just getting out in the world takes so many worries away and you can clear your mind and focus on positive thoughts
- Boost your energy. Laziness begets more laziness.
- Stronger bones
- Improves your balance
- Boosts immune function
- You can live longer
So what is stopping you? Start today and go for a daily walk.